Combat Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connection to server failed

Go down

Connection to server failed Empty Connection to server failed

Post by [GM]KASPALL- Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Hey,

Since I got many messages regarding the 'Connection to the server failed' issue, here i'll post the mainly cause of this problem and how to solve it.

"In Unity 3.0, the webplayer implements a security model very similar to the one used by the Adobe Flash playerâ„¢. This security restrictions apply only to the webplayer, and to the editor when the active build target is WebPlayer. The security model has several parts:

• Restrictions on accessing data on a domain other than the one hosting your .unity3d file.
  • Some limitation on the usage of the Sockets.
  • Disallowing invocation of any method we deemed off limits. (things like File.Delete, etc).
  • Disallowing the usage of System.Reflection.* to call private/internal methods in classes you did not write yourself."

In brief, there is security sandbox behind the game that prevents copies from the game and distribution in another domains, so if the domain isn't the one listed in the crossdomain.xml file, it restricts the connection between the database and the client. For some reason, the browsers cache the content of the crossdoamain file so whenever I move the gamefile to another domain, your browser just don't read the updated crossdomain file.

In other hand, the server might be down.

So, to fix this i'll post here some screenshots on how to remove that cached content from your browser. (Google chrome)

Connection to server failed 1z70mt5

Connection to server failed 2vkyw44

Connection to server failed Nzkope

If you don't want to remove your cache content, just play in incognito mode on google chrome.
[GM]KASPALL-
[GM]KASPALL-
Admin

http://combatcompany.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum